I’d like to take just a minute of your time to celebrate you if you’ve ever put something out there for sale as a coach.
I’m talking about your one-on-one coaching offer, group program, paid workshop, or any other type of program or service that your dream client could invest in to get results with you as their coach.
Self-promotion is H.A.R.D. so in whatever way you are showing up and putting yourself out there I’m sending over a great big high-five!!! ✋
In episode 261 of The Wellness Business Podcast we’re sharing a proven sales method that we’ve used consistently for 10 years and never disappoints.
We’re sharing a ‘Call To Action’ promotional strategy that we’ve been using for years to make more sales. The great news is that this works for every type of business, including yours.
The method of using urgency and scarcity in marketing has been proven to provide amazing results when used together. The idea behind this strategy is to appeal to our natural psychological desire as humans to never miss a good deal or be left behind.
3 URGENCY AND SCARCITY OPTIONS TO INCREASE SALES
1) Enrollment into your program is only available for a limited amount of time. Once the open cart period is over then enrollment is closed until the next time that you promote. For this option we recommend a 5-7 day open cart period. That will give you enough time to promote the benefits of working with you and also to make sure your followers have a clear understanding that once the cart closes they no longer can join you in the program.
2) You offer an initial pricing discount based on a certain percentage or dollar amount of the regular price point. Again, this discount would be for a limited amount of time. This strategy is perfect when launching a brand new program because you can position it more like a beta launch. In a beta launch one of your main objectives is to collect testimonials at the end of the program so offering a price discount up front with the clarification that this is a ‘one-time offer’ will give you a greater chance of enrolling more people into your program. Gathering testimonials for the next time you promote will give you significant social proof of how working with you can solve their problem. The discount could be anywhere between 25%-50% off depending on what’s included in the program.
3) You limit the number of people into your program. This strategy appeals to our mindset that we never want to be left behind or out of something amazing. This marketing technique is extremely effective and has been proven to convert leads into sales over and over again. When you put a cap on the number of people you’ll allow to enroll in your paid program, (this goes for group programs or one-on-one coaching), you’ll find that people take action more quickly because they don’t want to be left out. Quite often, when there are an unlimited number of spots in a program, you’ll find that people procrastinate and wait until the last minute to join the program. However, when there is a cap on the number of people being accepted, you’ll find that people take action more quickly to guarantee their spot. This strategy also helps people that are chronically indecisive to make decisions more quickly.
Interested in learning even more strategies for using urgency and scarcity to increase sales? Download my free guide, 10 Ways To Use Urgency & Scarcity To Make More Sales.
USING URGENCY AND SCARCITY TO SELL MORE PROGRAMS
In episode 261 of The Wellness Business Podcast, you’ll discover:
- 3 urgency and scarcity options you can use in your next promotion that will increase the number of people enrolling in your paid program
- The #1 thing you should NEVER do when using this strategy, (because you could lose all future credibility with your followers)
- The psychological premise behind this strategy and why it works like gangbusters across all industries
To get more sales, you need to always have a call-to-action so your dream clients know what their next step is. Tune in to this episode to learn how to get more program sales using this proven technique.
Links/Resources mentioned on the show:
Links to resources: