Before you run Facebook ads, there are some important foundational basics you want to understand, so you aren’t throwing your money away.
Imagine for a moment that you’re standing in front of a slot machine and for every dollar you put in you get two dollars back.
How many dollars would you feed into that machine?
More than likely your answer is the same as mine… as many as we can!
My friend and mentor, Rick Mulready, tells that story all of the time and I love it! It paints the perfect picture of what is possible when you learn how to do Facebook ads the right way.
Before you make a snap decision and tell me that you can’t afford Facebook ads right now, hear me out.
Leveraging Your Customer Journey for Facebook Ads
A lot of health coaches will start running ads because they want more people to see their content, get more subscribers on their email list, and convert more people into paying clients. But without a strategy for your ads, you’re not going to get the results you’re hoping to see.
Your Facebook ads should be planned and focused on your customer journey. They need a clear purpose, and the Facebook ads need to naturally fit into your customer journey. Think about these questions for a moment:
1. What is my end goal for the Facebook ad? For example, you could be running ads to get more 1:1 clients or maybe it’s because you want more people to join an upcoming challenge you’re doing.
2. After interacting with your Facebook ad (downloading a freebie, clicking to a sales page, etc.), what happens next in your customer journey? Do you have a way to nurture people after they click on your ad and join your list to meet your end goal?
If you don’t have a strategy and don’t know what your goals are with your Facebook ads campaigns, you’re throwing money away and missing out on reaching new paying clients.
With the right strategy in place you can advertise for as little as $5-$10 per week and see exponential results in your business.
Learn Exactly Who to Target with Your Facebook Ads
The most successful (and often most affordable) Facebook ads campaigns have one thing in common: They are specific to your ideal client and have been created with your customer journey in mind.
So how do you figure out who to target with your Facebook ads? The great news is that Facebook has done all the hard research for you. As Rick Mulready shares, you’ll want to start by figuring out what your ideal client likes:
- Which major influencers do your ideal clients follow?
- Where do your ideal clients like to shop?
- What does your ideal client like to watch/read/listen to?
When you’ve figured out what your ideal clients like and who they may be following for advice and information about these topics, you can find out their specific demographics and run a Facebook ads campaign that is truly designed with your ideal client in mind.
Not sure where to start? Rick Mulready shares some specific examples about the health and wellness niche to get you brainstorming about your Facebook ads.
Rick Mulready Shares What You Need In Place BEFORE You Run Facebook Ads
We are bringing back a popular episode of The Wellness Business Podcast with one of our favorite Facebook ad experts, Rick Mulready. In this episode, Rick covers some of what you need to know before you run Facebook ads, so you can get the best results.
Here’s what you will learn in this episode:
- More about the recent changes to Facebook’s organic reach and why you should consider this a positive, not a negative, for your business
- How to use the free tools inside of Facebook to identify the major players in your space for best audience detailed ads targeting
- The easiest, and most cost-effective, way to get started using Facebook ads to grow your email list with your ideal health coaching client
- How to look for key performance indicators in the reporting section of the ads dashboard to know how well the ad is performing
Rick does a great job of explaining complicated things in an easy-to-understand way, so we know you will get a lot from what he shares.
Whether you’re thinking about running ads or you’ve been running them for a while, but your results aren’t as good as you would like, this is a must-listen episode.
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
“I love K&K and The Wellness Business Podcast.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps us support more people — just like you — move toward creating the wellness business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let us know what you loved most about the episode!
Links mentioned on the show:
The Art of Online Business (formerly called The Art of Paid Traffic Podcast)
Links to resources: