Coming up with the perfect name for your business can seem daunting when you’re just getting started or making a major pivot in your business.
That’s why we decided to share our 5 Tips For Choosing the Right Name For Your Coaching Business on episode 229 of The Wellness Business Podcast.
When I was a brand new health coach it felt very exciting to decide on a name for my coaching business. I went through many brainstorm sessions until I settled on Lifetime Nourishment, (which I still love by the way).
Next I went through the same process for my business coaching business. I wanted something that had meaning to health coaches and led with what I wanted my business to represent. The business name I came up with was Make A Difference Make A Living, (knowing what I know now about choosing a name I don’t love this name so much and wish I could have a do-over).
Choosing a name feels very personal but there are several things that you should consider when naming your business. Believe me when I say it isn’t as simple as choosing a name that sounds sexy or fun and if I could go back in time and pick a different business name I definitely would, (and I share all of my reasons why on this week’s podcast episode 🤦♀️).
FUTUREPROOF YOUR BUSINESS NAME WITH THESE 5 TIPS
When you’re trying to come up with the perfect name for your coaching business, it’s easy to get caught up in what sounds fun and catchy. But when you choose your business name, it’s very important that you consider how you can grow with the name. If you make a major pivot down the road, having to change your business name and get your audience used to the new name can be a long process.
Here are 5 tips to help you come up with a business name that can grow WITH you and your business rather than outgrow you or keep you stuck.
1) Always secure your personal name domain, even if you only use it as a redirect. This option allows for going in a new direction in the future without needing to do a complete makeover of your main domain URL. Do your best to get the .com since that’s what is most commonly used. If someone already owns your name you can try adding the words ‘Coach’ or ‘Coaching’ at the end of it to make it more unique.
2) Do your best to keep it short. Most people are using mobile devices to enter your domain name.
3) If you’re choosing a name that represents your niche or specialty be sure to confirm someone else doesn’t have that name, (or similar name).
4) Take into consideration whether or not you’ll be using your business or personal name for your social media profiles.
5) Don’t use catchy, cheeky, or abbreviated names that mean something to you but won’t mean anything to your dream clients.
CHOOSING THE PERFECT NAME FOR YOUR COACHING BUSINESS
As a coach, it often becomes a challenge to choose a business name for your coaching practice that covers all of the right bases, (not too long, future-proof, representative of your brand, etc), so this episode will walk you through how to choose the name that will stand the test of time, no matter what direction you go in the future.
Here’s what you’ll discover on this episode:
- 5 specific tips for choosing a business name that’s right for your coaching business
- How to choose a name that will stand the test of time no matter what direction you go in the future
- The one domain we all should own as a solopreneur no matter what we do in our business
If you’ve ever felt stuck trying to decide the name for your business, this is an important episode you won’t want to miss.
Links/Resources mentioned on the show:
FREEBIE: The Ultimate Health Coach Success Path Blueprint
Links to resources: