Have you ever spent hours building what you thought to be the perfect lead magnet only to launch it and receive no email sign ups?
Ugh! That’s the worst right? It’s happened to me more times than I care to admit.
One of the biggest reasons why this happens is because your lead magnet struggled to truly connect with your dream clients. Meaning your dream client couldn’t instantly say, ‘yes I want that’.
Instead they just didn’t feel any connection to the title or lead magnet description so they didn’t feel compelled to take action, which is not the outcome you want after putting so much time and energy into creating it.
I see this quite often, (and as I said have experienced it as well).
A lead magnet that is too generic and doesn’t connect back to what your target audience needs and wants, results in people not signing up for it.
If they can’t identify that it’s for them when reading the title, then they aren’t going to feel any urgency to get their hands on it.
There are 3 secrets to creating the perfect lead magnet to attract your ideal clients that I like to follow. We have an entire lesson in the Wellness Business Accelerator program dedicated to teaching you our step-by-step formula called: Creating the Perfect Lead Magnet to Quickly Grow Your Email List.
SECRET #1 – AUDIENCE PAIN POINTS
The more you know about your dream clients and the specific pain points they want solved the more specific your lead magnet will be.
Lead magnets offer major value to your ideal clients and are the entry point into your customer journey.
Taking the time to pre-plan a customer journey for your dream clients that takes them from first learning about you all the way to investing in one of your paid programs is a key component for you as a business owner.
If you’re excited to learn more about creating your own customer journey, you’ll want to listen to episode 132, Planning Your Customer Journey for Improved Client Attraction.
Your laser targeted lead magnet will help you:
- Gain trust with your audience
- Warm up your audience
- Convert strangers to clients
Taking the time to learn your dream client’s top 5 pain points is the first secret to creating the perfect lead magnet.
PRO TIP: Think of your lead magnet as a micro-solution to a single challenge your ideal clients have. This is not the time to share all of your amazing coaching knowledge. One tiny solution to one tiny problem.
SECRET #2 – DELIVERY FORMAT
The delivery format you choose for your lead magnet is almost as important as the content itself.
Here are 9 delivery format ideas to get you started:
- PDF guide
- Checklist to help your subscribers stay on track
- Cheat sheet that will help them get results more quickly
- Templates (Takes all the guesswork out of the solution)
- Calendar/ Planner/ Journals (Offers accountability)
- Video series & tutorials (Appeals to your visual learners)
- Recipes that are specific to your niche (if that’s something that is part of your program and something your ideal clients love)
- Webinar / Workshop (Allows you to coach and educate before selling)
- Resources guide (top recommendations to help your ideal client with one of their struggles)
SECRET #3 – GREAT LEAD MAGNET TITLE
High-converting lead magnets need a great title. Here are some key points to think about when considering your lead magnet title and the headline on your landing page:
- Are you speaking to a problem you know your audience has, and does it connect back to your niche or offer?
- Are you challenging a desire your ideal audience has and offering a solution?
- Do you offer benefits to downloading the lead magnet both in the title and on your landing page description?
- Does your title elicit an emotional response?
Creating the perfect title requires these 5 key elements:
- Solves a problem
- Elicits an emotional response
- Hits pain points & solves problems
- Is easy to understand
- Isn’t overly vague
PRO TIP: Are you creating videos to attract your ideal clients? Check out the 5-Part Formula for Writing Client-Specific Video Titles.
CREATE THE PERFECT LEAD MAGNET TO ATTRACT YOUR IDEAL CLIENTS
In this episode of The Wellness Business Podcast we’re walking you through the 3 secrets to creating the perfect lead magnet to attract your ideal clients.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Three secrets to creating a high-converting lead magnet that has new subscribers signing up for your email list every single day
- The 9 most popular lead magnet delivery formats that are designed to help your new subscribers get more out of your content
- The 5 key elements to crafting a lead magnet title that guarantees your dream clients will know it’s for them and will have them instantly entering their email address to grab your freebie
If your lead magnet isn’t performing the way you hoped it would, this is a must-listen episode you won’t want to miss!
Links/Resources mentioned on the show:
Links to resources: